Sign up as a member and receive discounted admissions!
- This event has passed.
[PAST EVENT] All Things Amazon: How to Manage Your Most Important Publishing Relationship
September 12, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $55
Let’s face it—Amazon is a giant in the publishing industry, traditional and indie. So understanding how to use this powerful tool to help you to promote and sell your book is an essential key for success.
And you can get the answers at the BAIPA meeting and special afternoon workshop on September 12!
Led by indie publishing veterans and BAIPA board members David Kudler and Ruth Schwartz (with assists from other BAIPA members), this day will give you a map to the many ways in which you can and should interact with Amazon.
How Can Your Indie Book Flourish in Earth’s Largest Commercial Ecosystem?
The morning session will survey all Amazon programs affecting the independent author/publisher. We will explore the various Amazon programs and subsidiaries that we as independent publishers need to take advantage of. We will start with an overview, and then plunge into 10 key programs.
- Amazon—Opportunity and Controversy: What’s all the fuss about?
- CreateSpace—Your Amazon Print-on-Demand Book:Tips on submission and marketing.
- KDP—Your Amazon Ebook: A quick map of the great KDP Select divide (exclusive or non-exclusive?), and the consequences, including KindleUnlimited and the new subscription payment system.
- Kindle Scout: A new offering from Amazon. Kindle Scout is reader-powered publishing for new, never-before-published books. It’s a place where readers help decide if a book gets published.
- AuthorCentral—Your Amazon Author Page:Why you need one, and how to improve what you’ve got.
- Amazon Affiliates—Your Amazon Associates Relationship: Earn a little for every customer you send to Amazon. Is your own A-store helpful?
- Amazon Reviews: Best practices for getting them
- Amazon’s Goodreads: How to engage reviewers for your book.
- Amazon Advantage: How to sell your offset-printed books on Amazon.
- Amazon Seller Central: How can you sell autographed copies of your books and other merchandise on the world’s largest marketplace?
- Audible Creative Exchange (ACX): How Amazon creates and controls the development and distribution of audiobooks.
All Your Amazon Questions Answered: Presentations and Table Topics to Assist in Your Amazon Success!
The afternoon session (1:00-4:00pm) will be set up to respond to your real-world questions on Amazon.
We will offer a combination of in-depth presentations and roundtable breakout discussions about how best to take advantage—and avoid the traps—of working within the Amazon ecosystem. There will be plenty of time for answering your specific questions.
1:00-1:50pm—Q&A with David Kudler and Ruth Schwartz. Ask us anything about Amazon. However, if your question relates to any of the following topics, please attend that session.
2:00-2:50pm—Two concurrent roundtables around Book Production: one on CreateSpace with Ruth Schwartz, and one on KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) with David Kudler.
3:00-3:50pm: Three concurrent roundtables around Marketing: Amazon Reviews with Judy Baker, Author Central with Ruth Schwartz and Categories and Keywords with David Kudler.
3:50-4:00pm—Catch our breaths and pack up for the day.
David Kudler, the current vice-president of BAIPA, is an expert provider of publishing services and a consultant to independent and self-publishers. He is the founder and publisher for Stillpoint Digital Press, and since 1999, has managed the publication of more than 60 print, ebook, audio, and video titles. A traditionally and self-published author himself, he is preparing the June, 2016 release of his young adult historical adventure novel Risuko.
Ruth Schwartz, aka the Wonderlady, has been a member of the BAIPA board for more than three years and currently oversees the BAIPA website and email marketing. Known as a book Midwife, she helps authors get clear about the steps needed to turn out a professional book that looks as good as anything coming from a traditional publisher. She also provides marketing, proofreading and book interior/cover design services, and helps clients to set up basic author websites. You can find out more about her at thewonderlady.com.
REGISTER BY SELECTING YOUR TICKETS TO THE RIGHT.
- BAIPA Program Committee
- The Key Room
1385 North Hamilton Parkway
Novato, CA 94949 United States + Google Map
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.