Hear what people are saying about being part of BAIPA:
BAIPA is a leader among regional groups in the U.S. in educating authors entering the world of self-publishing. It also provides a lively venue for independent publishers at every level of expertise in the San Francisco Bay Area at the regular monthly meetings. I highly recommend BAIPA to all aspiring self-publishers. —the late Joel Friedlander, author, publisher
Regular membership in BAIPA is currently $10/month with automatic renewal. However, for the month of November, 2021, we are offering a six-month membership to new members for only $50. That is a savings of 17% over the regular membership pricing.
Benefits of Membership
BAIPA offers a multitude of benefits for members. Here’re just a few of the ways you can benefit by becoming a BAIPA member:
Programs and Workshops
- BAIPA’s educational, informative monthly topics cover the gamut of all aspects of indie publishing.
- Our speakers are leaders and experts in their field, brought in from all over the world
- Remote access to meetings and workshops
- Access to Member-Only Resources, including video presentations and the related slides for previous speakers
- Our Programs Committee welcomes recommendations for speakers, and also draws on the expertise within the BAIPA membership for panels and speakers.
BAIPA assisted me in doing four “indie” books after developing fourteen books with traditional publishers. BAIPA is the best organization to help you with self-publishing. —Lee Foster, author
Reduced Fees and Discounts
- No charge to attend monthly morning sessions, either in person (when available) or via Zoom
- Significant discount for afternoon workshops
- Discounted Member fees for BAIPA-sponsored events and membership in affiliated trade organizations, such as the Independent Book Publishers Association and Writers World
- Each member may create a comprehensive member profile on the BAIPA website, providing visibility to other members and the public.
- Members can also list books they have written, published or worked on during the publishing process.
- Take advantage of opportunities to sell your publications at our meetings—at no cost to you—and for low fees at local book fairs by sharing display space with other members of BAIPA
- Become a BAIPA sponsor and get visibility online and at events.
Like it or not, we live in a marketing world. BAIPA has provided me with essential marketing information, from presenters and from members, through blog postings and conversations at meetings. —Tim Jollymore, author
- Members can get published on the BAIPA blog by writing and submitting articles related to indie publishing.
- Submit your books to the BAIPA Book Award Competition. Awards are a great way to gain attention for your books. (The BAIPA Book Award Competition is volunteer run and not available in years where there is insufficient volunteer power to run it.)
- Take on one of the many volunteer opportunities and get acknowledged for your service.
From developmental editing, to marketing and publicity, to the myriad kinds of publishing, BAIPA delivers a bounty of valuable information to authors. I’m pleased to be a member of this dynamic group. —Barbara Adams, PsyD, author
Join BAIPA Now
Monthly Membership – $10/month, renewing each month, except for the month of November, 2021, we are offering a six-month membership for only $50 (new members only). Save 17% over the regular membership pricing.
369-B Third Street, Suite 422
San Rafael CA 94901
NOTE: The above is a mailing address only. No physical office is maintained for BAIPA. Mail is checked no more frequently than weekly and no less frequently than monthly.