Hear what people are saying about being part of BAIPA:
BAIPA is a leader among regional groups in the U.S. in educating authors entering the world of self-publishing. It also provides a lively venue for independent publishers at every level of expertise in the San Francisco Bay Area at the regular monthly meetings. I highly recommend BAIPA to all aspiring self-publishers. —Joel Friedlander, author, publisher
Membership is currently $90/year. However, we are in transition and lining up all memberships to start at the beginning of our fiscal year May 1 – Apr 30. This will allow us to serve you even better! What this means for you joining (or renewing) now is that the membership is prorated through April 30. It’s a GREAT time to join or renew!
Prorated by month now and then $90.00 per Year renewing on May 1. (Renewal recurs automatically unless you opt-out of auto-renewal.)
Current membership will expire on April 30, 2020.
Benefits of Membership
BAIPA offers a multitude of benefits for members, and an annual membership is only $90! Here’re just a few of the ways you can benefit by becoming a BAIPA member:
Programs and Workshops
- BAIPA’s educational, informative monthly topics cover the gamut of all aspects of indie publishing.
- Our speakers, experts in their field, are brought in from all over the United States.
- Our Programs Committee welcomes recommendations for speakers, and also draws on the expertise within the BAIPA membership for panels and speakers.
BAIPA assisted me in doing four “indie” books after developing fourteen books with traditional publishers. BAIPA is the best organization to help you with self-publishing. —Lee Foster, author
Reduced Fees and Discounts
- No charge to attend monthly morning sessions
- Reduced prices for afternoon workshops
- Reduced fees for BAIPA-sponsored events and membership in affiliated trade organizations, such as the Independent Book Publishers Association
- Each member may create a comprehensive member profile on the BAIPA website, providing visibility to other members and the public.
- Members can also list books they have written, published or worked on during the publishing process.
- Take advantage of opportunities to sell your publications at our meetings—at no cost to you—and for low fees at local book fairs by sharing display space with other members of BAIPA
- Become a BAIPA sponsor and get visibility online and at events.
Like it or not, we live in a marketing world. BAIPA has provided me with essential marketing information, from presenters and from members, through blog postings and conversations at meetings. —Tim Jollymore, author
- Members can get published on the BAIPA blog by writing and submitting articles related to indie publishing.
- Submit your books to the Annual BAIPA Book Award Competition. Awards are a great way to gain attention for your books.
- Take on one of the many volunteer opportunities and get acknowledged for your service.
From developmental editing, to marketing and publicity, to the myriad kinds of publishing, BAIPA delivers a bounty of valuable information to authors. I’m pleased to be a member of this dynamic group. —Barbara Adams, PsyD, author
Join BAIPA Now
Yearly Membership – $90
Current prorated amount for membership good until April 30, 2020 is $75
369-B Third Street, Suite 422
San Rafael CA 94901