Every BAIPA author (and publisher) wants to sell more books. And that’s one of the reasons we all belong to BAIPA—to stay on top of cutting-edge technology and information.
Ron Martinez, our August speaker, founded Aerbook.com, where he focuses on conventional and enhanced e-book development, book apps, book and author marketing, and original publishing. He is one of the most knowledgeable publishing technology players in the world today regarding issues relating to e-commerce.
On August 8, Martinez will be covering a wide variety of topics that should be of great interest and benefit to BAIPA members, including:
- How to optimize your Amazon e-commerce relationship
- Could the millions of books using Ingram for fulfillment be used by BAIPA authors and publishers for selling their own books and a curated store of other books?
- Could print book/ebook sales ever be a smooth and seamless one-click operation from a Social Media post?
- Who does fulfillment work (for both printed books and e-books), how is the money collected, and how is the money transferred?
- When a BAIPA author/publisher gets involved in e-commerce, what are the prudent protections and structures to be aware of when money and credit card info changes hands? (Liability issues are a concern.)
- For delivery of an e-product to a consumer, should it be direct from the BAIPA author/publishers own structure or from some outside source? And by what format?
E-commerce needs to be approached carefully and without hype. Ron Martinez has the knowledge about all the evolving options to share with BAIPA author and publishers For more information about Ron Martinez, visit his website www.aerbook.com.