Let’s face it—Amazon is a giant in the publishing industry, traditional and indie. So understanding how to use this powerful tool to help you to promote and sell your book is an essential key for success.
How Can Your Indie Book Flourish in Earth’s Largest Commercial Ecosystem?
The morning session will survey all Amazon programs affecting the independent author/publisher. We will explore the various Amazon programs and subsidiaries that we as independent publishers need to take advantage of:
- Amazon—Opportunity and Controversy: What’s all the fuss about?
- CreateSpace—Your Amazon Print-on-Demand Book:Tips on submission and marketing.
- KDP—Your Amazon Ebook: A quick map of the great KDP Select divide (exclusive or non-exclusive?), and the consequences, including KindleUnlimited and the new subscription payment system.
- AuthorCentral—Your Amazon Author Page:Why you need one, and how to improve what you’ve got.
- Amazon Affiliates—Your Amazon Associates Relationship: Earn a little for every customer you send to Amazon. Is your own A-store helpful?
- Amazon Reviews and Amazon’s Goodreads: How to engage reviewers for your book.
- Amazon Advantage: How to sell your offset-printed books on Amazon.
- Amazon Seller Central: How can you sell autographed copies of your books and other merchandise on the world’s largest marketplace?
- Audible Creative Exchange (ACX): How Amazon creates and controls the development and distribution of audiobooks.
All Your Amazon Questions Answered: Presentations and Table Topics to Assist in Your Amazon Success
The afternoon session (1:00-4:00pm) will be set up to respond to your real-world questions on Amazon.
We will offer a combination of in-depth presentations and round-table breakout discussions about how best to take advantage—and avoid the traps—of working within the Amazon ecosystem. There will be plenty of time for answering your specific questions.
David Kudler, the current vice-president of BAIPA, is an expert provider of publishing services and a consultant to independent and self-publishers. He is the founder and publisher for Stillpoint Digital Press, and since 1999, has managed the publication of more than 60 print, ebook, audio, and video titles. A traditionally and self-published author himself, he is preparing the June, 2016 release of his young adult historical adventure novel Risuko.
Ruth Schwartz, aka the Wonderlady, has been a member of the BAIPA board for more three years and currently oversees the BAIPA website and email marketing. Known as a book midwife, over the last two years she has helped more than 30 authors get clear about the steps needed to turn out a professional book that looks as good as anything coming from a traditional publisher. She also provides proofreading and book interior/cover design services,as well as helping clients to set up basic author websites. You can find out more about her at thewonderlady.com.
To sign up, click here: SeptemberBAIPAMeeting.