DE-MYSTIFYING SOCIAL MEDIA FOR WRITERS
Presentation by Shari Weiss, August 13 – 2-3pm
Social Media: Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?
- WHO is your target reader/purchaser?
- WHAT can social media do for you?
- WHERE do you need to participate?
- WHEN do you post?
- WHY do you need to be on social media?
- HOW do you do it?
Steps to getting the most out of this workshop:
- Bring your general and specific questions.
- Know and be able to describe your ideal reader/book buyer.
- Write a 50-word bio for your social media platforms.
- For actual posting and/or setting up a site, bring your computer AND any passwords you have already designated.
Tips for getting the most out of social media whether or not you can make the workshop:
- Find well-known writers in your genre: (a) study their social media sites and (b) build relationships by following them and sharing their content.
- Decide what social media site(s) you believe will be FUN for you to participate on.
- Research which social media platforms are most popular with your target reader.
- Plan posting and sharing with consistency: (a) 1-3 times a day or (b) 1-5 times a week, etc.
- Keep to your schedule by posting content and building relationships.