Here we are six months from launching my Kickstarter campaign with an idea for a book, not nearly the final manuscript, and RIP Corey: My Friend Died and It Sucks! is born thanks to TEAM BAIPA!
We’ve come a long way, baby!
- From a jumble of thoughts to an edited manuscript — Thank you, Karen Fisher-Golton
- Stick-figure sketches to a 52-page, beautifully illustrated YA hi/lo graphic novel-outside BAIPA
- No website to a beautiful website including a shop, social media links, and downloadable study guide-Thank you, Pauline Wiles
- Individual illustrations to formatted and uploaded paperback and hardback-Thank you, Val Sherer
- No ebook to soon-to-be-finalized ebook-Thank you, David Kudler
Next, I place my order for hundreds of books, sign them and ship them to my Kickstarter backers after updating them 23 times over the past 6 months.
July 11 marks my first podcast interview with Jenny Lisk, The Widowed Parent Podcast, and promotion by the Eluna network, a nationwide charity supporting children and families impacted by grief or addiction with free services for all, including therapy and grief camp.
But before that, “Corey’s book party,” July 9, here in town with the real Corey’s real-life friends, the people for whom I wrote this book.