BAIPA monthly meetings are now on Zoom. The Zoom links will be provided to you via email on the Friday evening before, around 9 PM.
Therefore, all non-members MUST register in advance in order to participate. However, all current BAIPA members will get the Zoom info for the morning session automatically.
Please scroll down to the bottom of this page if you need a non-member ticket.
The general meeting begins at 9 am, the speaker presentation is at 11 am, after Q&A, networking time, introductions & announcements.
Podcasters as Promotional Partners
Melody Ann Owen, Author Nation
Podcasting is an exciting and still growing medium and an excellent way to connect with partners and readers. With podcasts on every topic, authors can find listeners no matter their genre, topic, or perspective.
One podcast can mean thousands of listeners over many years. This is an evergreen promotion strategy that, if done well, can continue to bring new followers and readers over time.
In this talk, we go through the four stages of becoming a successful podcast guest and leveraging your guest appearances to build a following and sell more books.
The four stages are:
- Becoming a guest – learn how to pick the right podcast for you, and to pitch to the podcast to secure a yes!
- Preparing for the show – prepare for a 20 minute conversation that will be shared to hundreds or thousands of listeners, not just once but over time.
- During the show – know how to gain followers so you can sell not just one book, but build relationships to sell multiple books or other products or services.
- After the show – follow up with your host, listeners, and promote popular shows over time, for even better results.
Join us to learn how to prepare for and leverage your guest appearances.
Key Takeaways include:
- How to pitch to podcasts to secure a “yes”
- How to build relationships with listeners, not just sell one book
- How to create rapport with your podcast host
- How to promote the show over time for more results
About Our Speaker: Melody Ann Owen
Leaders, speakers and entrepreneurs leverage Melody Ann to unleash their expertise, finish writing their book, and build their business to the next level. She does that by helping them publish the book that readers want to read, review, and recommend. She is passionate about helping them move through the process seamlessly, without spending hours on Google looking for answers or trying to reinvent the process.
Connect with Melody Ann: Author Nation
Melody Ann Owen - podcasters as promotional partners
October 7, 2023
9:00 am - 12:15 pm
Venue: Zoom Event
This is exclusively an online event via Zoom.
Zoom links will be provided in an email sent out the Friday evening before the event day, between 8:45 and 9 PM. If you have pre-registered and do not receive that email, please reach out to [email protected].