General meeting begins at 9 am, speaker presentation is at 11 am, after Q&A, networking time, introductions & announcements, followed by our informal lunch gathering from 12:15 pm-3 pm. Scroll down for details and to register.
Current BAIPA members must log in first to get a free ticket to the morning session. Then come back to this page. There is a Member login link in the upper right corner of the site.
Many writers publish their books without realizing how important it is to have a marketing plan ready before the book is released into the wild. Avoid this mistake with your next book by planning a launch campaign that gets big results.
In this content-rich presentation, you will learn how to:
- Optimize your book sales on Amazon.
- Enlist a group of beta readers to generate feedback, buzz and reviews.
- Assemble your launch team and set them up for success.
- Make your print and ebook editions available for pre-order weeks before your book is officially released.
- Follow essential steps to launch your book with as much fanfare as possible.
- Invest in Amazon ads to get more exposure, and then earn back your investment over and over again.
- Keep the momentum going after the launch is over.
When you invest time preparing for a successful book launch, you give your book a great head start. This enlightening presentation is loaded with real-world examples and proven DIY strategies to help you sell more books!
Bring a bag lunch and stay for our casual gathering between sessions.
Then join us for an in-depth workshop with marketing expert Nolan Lowry.
AFTERNOON WORKSHOP WITH
NOLAN LOWRY, MARKETING COACH
In marketing, so many of us forget to share why we’re doing what we do. What the impact is that we want to make on the world. We need to build our marketing foundation to scale our audience and grow our author platform.
When thinking about how we marketing ourselves and our books there are a few things that are vitally important to communicate. Ask yourself some questions:
- What is your why (why do you get up in the morning and do what you do)?
- What are your Core Values?
- What is your Mission with your publishing projects?
- What is your Vision?
- When you’re no longer on the planet, what impact have you made on those you touched?
Stephanie Chandler is the author of several books including The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan and The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan. She is CEO of NonfictionAuthorsAssociation.com, a vibrant educational community for writers, and NonfictionWritersConference.com, a traditional conference experienced conducted entirely online since 2010. A frequent speaker at business events and on the radio, she has been featured in Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, and Wired magazine.
Nolan Lowry is the founder and CEO of Resonate Digital, a Petaluma based digital marketing firm. Resonate works with clients locally and nationally. Some you may have heard of are Clover Sonoma, Oilstop, Rain/X and HP. Nolan also trains and mentors small business owners (like authors) and people in marketing roles to use the power of digital marketing to grow their businesses and make a difference in the world.
- September 14, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: The Key Room