BAIPA monthly meetings are now exclusively on Zoom, at least until we get through this COVID-19 crisis. The Zoom links will be provided to you via email on the Friday evening before 9 PM. So you MUST register in advance in order to participate.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for the list of available tickets.
The general meeting begins at 9 am, speaker presentation is at 11 am, after Q&A, networking time, introductions & announcements. Scroll down for details and to register. No afternoon workshop for this meeting.
Current BAIPA members must log in first to get a free ticket to the morning session. Then come back to this page. There is a Member login link in the upper right corner of the site.
Best Practices with KDP
Ruth Schwartz, Book Midwife and Self-Publishing Consultant
How to get the most self-publishing juice out of using KDP for your print and ebook editions
When you are starting down the self-publishing path, KDP is a good choice most of the time. We will talk about the pros and cons, as well as touch on when to use IngramSpark.
At this session, we will discuss:
• How to set your book up on KDP, and why to do the paperback edition first
• How KDP makes it easy to add your Kindle edition once the paperback is all set up
• How to order proofs from KDP and how the process works
• What happens when you hit that Publish button.
• But what about IngramSpark?
Maximizing Author Central and Amazon Book Descriptions
In the afternoon session, Ruth will walk you through the ins and outs of Author Central accounts—which you cannot do until you have your first book up on Amazon—as well as how to maximize your book descriptions.
She will cover:
• Author Central basics: what is the minimum you should add to your Author Central account when you first set it up.
• Review all of the major Author Central features and how to use them
• Learn how to take advantage of best practices around an effective KDP book description, including some simple html coding to create a larger headline, bold type, and separate paragraphs.
About Our Speaker
As a Book Midwife, Ruth helps self-publishing authors get clear about the steps needed to turn out a professional book that looks as good as anything coming from a traditional publisher. Ruth helps authors get past the stuck places, getting through the decision-making and design process quickly, birthing their books with ease.
She works with authors to turn finished manuscripts into finished books, complete with professional cover design, interior layout, and ebook editions—all up online and available for sale.
Ruth brings over 50 years of book publishing, design and printing industry experience to every author’s project and has worked on over 150 independently-published books since 2012 when print on demand technology enabled the current indie publishing revolution.
- October 3, 2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: Zoom Event