BAIPA monthly meetings are now exclusively on Zoom, at least until we get through this COVID-19 crisis. The Zoom links will be provided to you via email on the Friday evening before 9 PM. So you MUST register in advance in order to participate.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for the list of available tickets.
The general meeting begins at 9 am, speaker presentation is at 11 am, after Q&A, networking time, introductions & announcements, followed by our informal lunch gathering from 12:15-1:00 PM, and then our Afternoon Workshop. Scroll down for details and to register.
Current BAIPA members must log in first to get a free ticket to the morning session and a discounted ticket for the afternoon workshop. Then come back to this page. There is a Member login link in the upper right corner of the site.
The Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success
Mark Coker, Smashwords
Smashwords founder Mark Coker returns to BAIPA to share 16 evergreen best practices for ebook publishing. Learn how to make your books more discoverable, desirable, and enjoyable to readers. Learn how to build your author brand and position your writing career for greater long term success. A great opportunity to learn fresh ideas to take your publishing to the next level.
1. Learn about the latest trends in ebook publishing.
2. Learn how to make all of your books more discoverable, desirable, and enjoyable to readers.
3. Learn some fresh ideas to breathe new life into your older books, and achieve greater success with your upcoming books.
4. Learn multiple autopilot marketing ideas you can implement once, yet reap rewards for years to come.
5. Learn how to build a stronger author brand.
The Book Launch:
How to Use Ebook Preorders and Presales to Sell More Books
Mark Coker, Smashwords
For most authors, the first few days of their book launch are their best selling days of the year, after which sales decline. For indie authors, most of those sales will be ebooks. In this session, authors will learn how to use ebook preorders and ebook presales to maximize the success of their book launches. You’ll learn the important differences between preorders and presales, and how each can be deployed to achieve your publishing objectives. You’ll learn how to use these exciting tools to increase the visibility and desirability of your book; how to turn a single book release date into multiple book launch events to reach more readers; and how to leverage the allure of presales to grow your author mailing list 365 days a year. The presales portion of the presentation will discuss Smashwords Presales, a new first-of-its-kind, patent-pending invention of Smashwords that was introduced this past December. Smashwords Presales can integrate with any publishing strategy, even if you don’t yet publish with Smashwords.
1. Learn how to make your next book launch more successful.
2. Learn why authors who do preorders sell significantly more books than authors who don’t.
3. Learn how ebook preorders are different than ebook presales.
4. Learn how ebook presales can help you turn fans into superfans.
5. Learn why ebook presales are a new, essential best practice.
6. Learn how to grow your marketing platform with ebook preorders and presales.
About Our Speaker: Mark Coker
Mark Coker founded Smashwords in 2008 to empower authors to self-publish and distribute ebooks. Today, Smashwords has grown to become the world’s leading distributor of self-published ebooks, representing over 140,000 authors and small independent presses around the world that publish and distribute over 500,000 books with Smashwords. Mark is an outspoken advocate for self-published authors, a contributing columnist for Publishers Weekly, and the host of the popular SMART AUTHOR podcast where he teaches evergreen best practices that help authors publish ebooks with pride, professionalism, and success.
Mark blogs at: blog.smashwords.com
Follow Mark on Twitter @markcoker
- June 13, 2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: Zoom Event