Ruth Schwartz, Book Midwife and Self-Publishing Consultant
(General meeting begins at 9 am, speaker presentation is at 11 am, after Q&A, networking time, introductions & announcements), followed by our informal lunch gathering from 12:15 pm-3 pm. Scroll down for details and to register.
Current BAIPA members must log in first to get a free ticket to the morning session and a discounted ticket for the afternoon workshop. Then come back to this page. There is a Member Log in link in the upper right corner of the site.
Best Practices with KDP and IngramSpark—an Overview
How to get the most self-publishing juice out of using both KDP and IngramSpark efficiently and in the right order.
With all of the changes with CreateSpace closing down and KDP now incorporating both print and Kindle edition publishing, there are a number of things to watch out for as well as the best practices for setting up your book on KDP. And then there are some key issues to take into account with IngramSpark.
Even if you are just starting this process, you will hear about the basics of getting started on your self-publishing path.
At this session, you will learn:
• How to set your book up on KDP, and why to do the paperback edition first
• How KDP makes it easy to add your Kindle edition once the paperback is all set up
• Ordering proofs from KDP and how the process works
• Why set your book up with IngramSpark—and why you may not need to bother
• How to be free of paying any fees with setting your book up on IngramSpark
• and much more!
Diving Deeper into KDP and IngramSpark
In the afternoon session, Ruth will walk you through, step-by-step, how to set a book up with both KDP and IngramSpark, as well as allowing for an extended Q&A segment so that you get your questions answered.
• Learn how to take advantage of best practices around an effective KDP book description, including some simple html coding to create a larger headline, bold type, and separate paragraphs.
• Find out the latest on listing your keywords in your KDP title setup.
• See how KDP/Amazon has made improvements around uploading revised files (from the old CreateSpace days).
• Using the KDP and IngramSpark tools that will tell you how much it will cost to print your book with both companies.
About Our Speaker
As a Book Midwife, Ruth helps self-publishing authors get clear about the steps needed to turn out a professional book that looks as good as anything coming from a traditional publisher. Ruth helps authors get past the stuck places, getting through the decision-making and design process quickly, birthing their books with ease.
She works with authors to turn finished manuscripts into finished books, complete with professional cover design, interior layout, and ebook editions—all up online and available for sale.
Ruth brings over 40 years of book publishing, design and printing industry experience to every author’s project and has worked on over 120 independently-published books since 2012 when print on demand technology enabled the current indie publishing revolution.
- July 13, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: The Key Room