By Linda Jay Geldens
Bob Pimm, Chief Learning Officer and Director of Legal Services at California Lawyers for the Arts, will be our BAIPA speaker at the Key Room in Novato on February 1, 2014.
NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS ON THE FIRST SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY, NOT ON OUR USUAL SECOND SATURDAY.
Bob will discuss key legal issues affecting publishers, including tips on avoiding publishing’s most challenging problems. Topics will include: copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and defamation. He will explain the differences between various types of intellectual property law and how it affects the work of authors and publishers.
The Q&A session will answer some of the following questions:
* Issues with major players such as Google and Amazon.
* What is copyright protection? copyright infringement?
* When do you need to retain intellectual property rights of your own material?
* When does past protected material become public domain?
* How to register the copyright for books and ebooks for maximum protection?
See you Saturday, February 1, at the Key Room to hear Bob Pimm!