A self-published author cannot have too many marketing arrows in his/her quiver. One of the most visible is an indicia on the cover, announcing that book as an award winner. From that springs the opportunity for press releases, quotes — anything that will lead to more sales of your book. For that reason, the BAIPA board of directors is re-instating the book award contest.
Here are the rules for submitting your book:
- Books published between January 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018, are eligible.
- You are a member of BAIPA in good standing through December 31, 2018.
- You may join BAIPA and then submit your books for the contest. If you are not yet a member, please go to our membership page.
- Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Memoir, Children’s, Young Adult, Poetry.
- Three copies of each book entered.
- A fee of $50 per book submitted.
- Include a printed copy of your submission form with each book.
- Entries must be received no later than September 30, 2018.
- You may complete this entry form or download the form as a Microsoft Word doc.
- If you are using a printable form, please fill it out and mail it along with your books and payment.
- Put one copy of your form in each of the books.
- If you complete your form online, include a copy of the email confirmation with each copy of your book.
Make Checks payable to BAIPA
Send your books to:
Bev Scott, Suite 1275
870 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Contact Awards Committee Members Craig Smith, [email protected], or Paul Samuelson, [email protected]
Skye Blaine says
How can I find out if I already entered?
Ruth Schwartz says
Skye – I recommend you reach out to Bev Scott, who is chairing this program.