We’ll start our December 5 meeting, as usual, with Q & A, introductions, announcements, and then our presentation — David Kudler on Book Cover Design. Then comes our holiday party, in two parts. Of course, you’re welcome to bring your own refreshments.
Party, Part 1: Book Cover Contest
The first part of the party will be our book cover contest. We have about 20 entries, and before and after David’s presentation, we’ll be sharing a couple of pdfs with the submitted book covers. We’ll also post the pdfs on our website, so you can take your time reviewing the titles.
Armed with what you learned from David about what makes a strong and effective book cover, you’ll cast your vote for which covers you think are best. We’ll be using a zoom poll — everyone will get three votes. We’ll tabulate results and award the winner a free workshop in 2021. (But you’ll need to use it by the end of April, the end of our fiscal year.)
Party, Part 2: Author Interviews
We’ve been recording and posting video author interviews over the past six months — see below — and on Saturday, we’re going to host three live interviews for our afternoon session, which is free.
Our interviewees will be Janice Litvin, author of Banish Burnout Toolkit (@ 1 pm); Wendy Bartlett, author of Cellini’s Revenge: The Mystery of the Silver Cups, Book 2 (@ 1:20 pm); and Nita Winter and Rob Badger, authors and photographers of Beauty and the Beast: California Wildflowers and Climate Change (@ 1:40 pm).
We’ll have time for at least one question from the audience (via chat) for each author interview.
Hope you can make it to our December meeting and stick around for our holiday party. (We’ll stay open, in breakout rooms, during our lunch break.)
Here are the seven completed video interviews of BAIPA authors:
- Unfettered Journey: An Interview with Author Gary F. Bengier
- Empowering You to Resolve Resentment and Forgive: An Interview with Carolyn CJ Jones
- The Fairshare Model: An Interview with Author Karl Sjogren
- Sci-Fi with a Soundtrack — An Interview with Author Mike Van Horn
- Health at Your Fingertips: An Interview with Acupressurist and Author Deborah Myers
- What if Your Ailing Father Asked You to Kill Him? An Interview with Author John Byrne Barry
- The Five Personality Patterns: An Interview with Psychotherapist and Author Steven Kessler