CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OFFICIALLY OPEN!
BAIPA Member John Brooks won a Silver Ben Franklin Award this year for his book, Girl Behind the Door. Why not enter yours?
The Benjamin Franklin Awards™ are administered by the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) with help from more than 150 book publishing professionals including librarians, bookstore owners, reviewers, designers, publicity managers, and editors. The Benjamin Franklin Awards™ are unique in that all entrants receive direct feedback on their entries. The actual judging forms are returned to all participating publishers.
Indie publishers and self-published authors are invited to enter the next competition for books with a copyright date of 2015. The inclusive program includes 55 categories recognizing excellence in book editorial and design. Enter today to be considered for one of the highest national honors for indie publishers and self-published authors!
FIRST CALL—DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2015: Primarily for titles published January 1 – August 31, 2015
SECOND CALL—DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15, 2015
: Primarily for titles published
September 1 – December 31, 2015:
Note from Ruth Schwartz: Even though the website says that the December 15 deadline is “primarily for titles published September 1 – December 31, 2015,” I checked with the folks at IBPA and any book published during 2015 is eligible.
One Gold and at least two Silver award winners are determined in each category. Prestige as a publisher is one of the many benefits of being named a winner of this distinguished award. In addition, all winners receive:
- Two tickets to the award ceremony recognizing all the award winners.
- A personalized award certificate.
- Special award stickers to affix to the winning books.
- Recognition prior to the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Archived listing after the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Announcement to major trade journals (including Publishers Weekly and Book Business), to select public libraries, through all IBPA social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, the IBPA Blog and more.
Winners from 2001 through 2015 are archived on the IBPA website.