Our lineup of presenters and vendors is coming together for our September 8 Writer’s World conference, this year at Dominican University.
Early bird discounts — $40 for BAIPA members, $50 for guests — are available until August 12. After that date, all tickets are $65 each.
You can sign up online, or come to the August 11 BAIPA meeting and register in person. (Yes, we also take checks delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.)
Keynote speaker is Lee Wind, director of marketing and programming for IBPA (Independent Book Publishers Association), whose workshop is titled, “‘I Published a Book’ is Not a Marketing Plan.”
Other workshops and presenters include:
- Improving Your Writer/Author Blog and Website: Why Changes are Critical Now, with Lee Foster, Foster Travel
- Find, Craft and Tell Your Great 4-Minute Biz Story, with Sean Buvala, The Small-Tooth-Dog Publishing Group, LLC
- Getting Started with Audiobooks, with Becky Parker Geist, Pro Audio Voices
- Opportunity Cost: Why Authors Need to Move Fast When Building a Website, with Jeffrey Samorano, WPinOneClick
- Building Your Email List to Grow Your Book Sales, with Judy Baker, Book Marketing Mentor
- Write a Killer Book Blurb, with John Byrne Barry, author of Wasted: a Green Noir Mystery, and Bones in the Wash: Politics is Tough. Family is Tougher.
Plus we’ll have time for our BAIPA favorite Q & A, always stimulating and almost always helpful. Come ask any question related to independent publishing and all the experts and those with experience will get you answers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to meet editors, publishers, designers, marketers, and more.