Thanks to those of you who submitted book blurbs for our contest already. However, because of a scheduling conflict, we are extending the deadline for the contest until April 30. We will vote on the entries at the May meeting.
In the meantime, however, at the April 2 meeting, we will devote one or more breakout rooms for authors who want to share their blurbs and get feedback. So get your blurb ready for this Saturday, and then, when it’s as strong as you can make it, submit it to our contest.
Here are the rules:
We’re running our first book blurb contest, modeled after our cover contest. The book blurb is the short book description on your online book sales page or on the back of your book.
- The contest is open to any book blurb by a current BAIPA member, whether it’s published or not. You can submit a blurb for a book you haven’t finished yet or one you wrote ten years ago.
- One blurb per author.
- Under 200 words. (But under 100 words is even better.)
- Send the blurb and genre to [email protected]. (If you include your book cover, we will include it on the slide with the blurb.)
- Deadline is Sunday, April 30.
- We will put the blurbs onto slides and share them before the meeting as well as at the meeting. We’ll use a Zoom poll, and everyone present at the meeting will get three votes.
Winner(s) get a free afternoon workshop in 2022.
See more about writing killer blurbs here.
We look forward to seeing your blurbs.