ATTENTION: BAIPA members who would like to attend the StoryTellers Expo (STE) at Santa Rosa Junior College coming up on March 20-22. Sign up by March 1st for the Early Bird Discount (see below). Use code EXPO50 to get a $50 discount off the price of admission, and code SCE for a hotel discount at the Rohnert Park Doubletree Inn!
STE is a unique opportunity for writers to meet with executives and producers from Hollywood, and top publishers from New York. It will feature two days of speakers, plus a full day of pitching to a variety of top agents, production companies, and publishers. As a special bonus, on Friday night from 7-9 p.m., Lagunitas Brewery is sponsoring an open to the public, FREE “Pitch Fest Boot Camp.” At this event, publishers, agents, and producers will teach writers the do’s and don’ts of pitching their projects.
The event will take be held at Santa Rosa Junior College’s Bertolini Center, 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa. On Friday and Saturday, classes and presentations will take place from 9am-5pm, and the Sunday Pitch Fest. will happen from 10am-3pm.
Regular Pass – Early Bird $295 Early Bird Price – $295 (Good until: March 1st) After March 1st, Price is $350
The Regular Pass includes:
• An all-access pass to classes and presenters
VIP Platinum Pass – Early Bird $395 Early Bird Price – $395 (Good until: March 1st) After March 1st, price is $450
The VIP Platinum Pass includes:
- An all-access pass to classes and presenters
- A delicious 3-course lunch with keynote speakers where you get to sit next to
editors, publishers, producers, and studio executives
- A free program booklet
- Reserved, upfront seating
- 30 minutes early entry to the pitch fest
For complete details, visit: www.StorytellersExpo.com.
Sponsored by Northern California Writers (NCW), STE hopes to change the world by inspiring stories of love, hope, bravery and sacrifice. Their ultimate goal is to connect writers with the industry insiders who can make literary dreams a reality.
Some of this year’s Expo presenters include:
- Dale Brown – Author of more than 25 books, 13 of which are New York Times Best-selling novels.
- Steven Spatz – President of BookBaby, the world’s largest distributor of E-books and printed self-published books.
- Mark Coker – CEO of Smashwords, the world’s largest distributor by title count of indie e-books from self-published authors and small presses.
- Ellen Sandler – Screenwriter, author, and playwright, was Executive Producer and Emmy-nominated head writer of Everyone Loves Raymond, and has created more than 40 television pilots for most of the major networks.