Here’s an invitation to The BookFest from our Desiree Duffy, who’s leading the April 16 BAIPA workshop on BookTok Talk and Takeaways.
The BookFest streams online and is an always free-to-attend two-day event. Day one is dedicated to readers, while day two features content for writers. Mark your calendars every spring and fall. The BookFest Spring 2022 features these speakers, just to name a few:
- Joel Eisenberg, author of the fantasy novel saga, The Chronicles of Ara and writer-executive producer of several award-winning feature films, including April Showers.
- Deborah Herman, founder of Author Branding Solutions, publisher, author, and former literary agent with over thirty years’ experience in the publishing industry.
- Paul Hynek, known as the Mystical Alien Wizard Man, he is a futurist, professor, and entrepreneur at the convergence of technology and entertainment.
- Angela Johnson, founder of Sunday Dinner Publishing, and diversity and inclusion activist working to increase representation for marginalized creatives in publishing.
- Suzie Newell, doctorate specializing in coping mechanisms for women with substance use disorder, nurse and author.
- Andy Ross, Founder of the Andy Ross Agency, represents books in narrative non-fiction, history, current events, adult and teen fiction.
- Katharine Sands, literary agent representing fiction, non-fiction and memoir. Agent provocateur of Making the Perfect Pitch: How to Catch a Literary Agent’s Eye, a collection of pitching wisdom from leading literary agents.
- Michael Shermer, author of Giving the Devil His Due: Reflections of a Scientific Humanist, publisher of Skeptic Magazine, host of the podcast The Michael Shermer Show, and Presidential Fellow at Chapman University.
- Dennis E. Taylor, author of the acclaimed sci-fi Bobiverse book series, a former computer programmer and member of the prestigious X-Prize Foundation Science Fiction Advisory Council as a Visionary Storyteller.
- Irwin Zucker, Industry icon, founder of the Book Publicists of SoCal and president of Promotion in Motion Public Relations.
The full schedule can be found on The BookFest Website. Join the fun and hang out with fellow booklovers, readers, writers, and industry experts. The BookFest website streams the online event, and it can be found on the Books That Make YouTube Channel, on Facebook, and other social media channels.
If you like winning books, you’re in luck. The Big Bundle of Books Giveaway is open to entries until Saturday evening of every BookFest. Winners announced at the conclusion of the Live Author Chats.
Become a BookFester and sign up for email alerts, as well as the Virtual Gift Bag, which is sent at the end of each BookFest. Packed with free downloads and special offers, it is something all booklovers gotta have.
If you’re a writer and are looking for an agent, then pitch your manuscript in The Pitching Room and see if you’re selected for Brave New Writer or The Critiki-Bar. Do you already have a book published? Enter The BookFest Awards and signup for email alerts to get notified when The BookFest announces important information and releases its call for speakers and ideas.
Don’t worry about missing a thing, as you can find recordings of all BookFest Panels, Conversations, Segments and Live Author Chats on the Books That Make You YouTube Channel.
Books That Make You is a proud presenting sponsor of The BookFest. The BookFest is produced by Black Château Enterprises and presented by Bookstagrammers, a platform dedicated to book influencers, plus many other supporters. Visit the Virtual Booths and support the companies and organizations that support The BookFest.
Founder, Black Château, Books That Make You and The BookFest