Chris Christensen, an expert on WordPress, will speak at a BAIPA Morning and Afternoon (workshop) January 10, 2015.
Chris teaches courses on WordPress at De Anza College in Cupertino and will discuss overall WordPress strategy in our morning session.
The program is called “An Effective WordPress Website for the Independent Publisher: How Can Your Website Be More Successful and Sell More Books?” He’ll explain what independent publishers need to know about WordPress including functionality and search engine optimization, whether you’re working with a designer or managing the website yourself.
In the afternoon workshop, Chris will provide hands-on consultation to improve your WordPress site regarding hosting, themes, customization, making your website faster and more secure, and tying social media to your website. So bring your laptop and your questions about this popular publishing platform.
The workshop program will drill down to specifics such as:
* How to set up and maintain a blog and static pages on a WordPress website
* How to personalize your WordPress website with templates and plug-ins
* How to sell your books/ebooks/products directly from your WordPress website
* How to get advertising for your book content on your WordPress website
* How to use your blog and your static pages to build your author reputation and authority
* How to maintain your WordPress website yourself, hiring design skills as needed and using your own knowledge to swap content in and out
Christensen won a 2014 Travel + Leisure Smitty Award for Best Independent Travel Journalist/Blogger, for his website Amateur Traveler, which features audio, podcasts and video on a WordPress website. His WordPress website This Week in Travel was a recent Gold Medal winner in Broadcast from the North American Travel Journalism Association.