Morning and Afternoon Workshop, January 10, 2015
Chris Christensen is an expert on WordPress, the content management system of choice for websites because of its flexibility. Chris teaches courses on WordPress at De Anza College in Cupertino, and will discuss overall WordPress strategy in our morning session in January.
His morning presentation is “An Effective WordPress Website for the Independent Publisher: How Can Your Website Be More Successful and Sell More Books?” What do you, as an independent publisher, need to know about WordPress, its functionality and Search Engine Optimization, whether you’re working with a designer or managing the website yourself?
In the afternoon workshop, Chris will provide hands-on consultation on how to improve your WordPress site, regarding hosting, themes, customization, making your website faster and more secure and tying social media to your website. So bring your laptop and your questions about this popular publishing platform.
The workshop program will drill down to specifics such as:
- How to set up and maintain both a blog and static pages on a WordPress website
- How to personalize your WordPress website with templates and plug-ins
- How to sell your books/ebooks/products directly from your WordPress website
- How to get advertising for your book content on your WordPress website
- How to use your blog and your static pages to build your author reputation and authority
- How to maintain your WordPress website yourself, hiring design skills as needed and using your own knowledge to swap content in and out.
Christensen won a 2014 Travel + Leisure Smitty Award for Best Independent Travel Journalist /Blogger, for his website Amateur Traveler, which features audio, podcasts and video on a WordPress website.
His WordPress website This Week in Travel was a recent Gold Medal winner in Broadcast from the North American Travel Journalism Association.
Whether you know nothing or everything about WordPress, Chris’s talk will benefit you!
# # #