[PAST EVENT] IBPA C.E.O. Angela Bole to Speak About Indie Publishing Today
About this event:
Join BAIPA on November 12, 2016
Angela Bole, C.E.O. of IBPA will speak about
What’s Happening in Indie Publishing Today
Morning Speaker Presentation: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
(General meeting begins at 9am, speaker presentation is at 11am, after Q&A,
networking time, introductions & announcements)
(Click here for today’s meeting schedule)
The Independent Publishing Landscape Today
As the C.E.O. of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), the largest book publishing association in the U.S. serving independent publishers and self-published authors, Angela Boyle brings us a national perspective on the self-publishing, independent publishing movement.
IBPA’s vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry.
Angela will discuss the independent publishing landscape as she’s come to understand it over the three years she has been IBPA’s leader; where it has been, where it is now, where it is going, and how you can be a part of its future success.
IBPA’s mission is to lead and serve the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. They currently have 3,000 author/publisher national members, and have affiliates, including regional groups such as BAIPA, with our 170 members.
Angela takes a “holistic” approach to author success. She believes that an author will not succeed as a “one-shot wonder,” and that only a sustained and long-term multi-faceted marketing approach will lead to success.
Angela will give us an overview of the self-publishing movement, including:
- Advocacy and education issues most on her mind as she helps guide the self-publishing movement through IBPA
- Tools for success that most critical in her estimation for today’s self-publishing authors as they survey the national self-publishing scene
- An overview of our self-publishing industry from a national perspective
- How regional (BAIPA) and national (IBPA) efforts can complement each other
- What IBPA benefits (including their monthly magazine, The Independent) will be offered for the $99 (BAIPA discount) price of annual membership