[PAST EVENT] Joel Friedlander on Blogging for Authors
About this event:
Afternoon Workshop: 1pm to 3 pm
Joel Friedlander on Blogging for Authors
“Blogging is a very effective marketing tool, when done well. Blogging acts as the core of my platform and has largely made it possible for me to be a full-time entrepreneur.”—Jane FriedmanEverybody says authors should be blogging, but nobody wants to waste their time writing and posting articles, and not getting any results. In this practical afternoon workshop, we’ll look at the most important aspects of using a blog successfully, and how to get started including content selection and presentation, blog marketing, peer-to-peer networking, and more.
What you will learn:
- Free or paid blogging platforms—what’s right for you?
- Domain name tips
- The importance of your blog tag line
- Blog design tips
- Essential elements every blog needs
- Review of top companies that host blogs
- How blogging can be the hub of your social media marketing plans
- Secrets to shareable content
- How to get new readers, my best tips
- What to blog about, how often, and how much
- How to evaluate other bloggers in your niche
- Ranking your blog for search results
Attendees are encouraged to bring questions or problems they’ve had with their own blogging efforts, we will address them all during the workshop.
Joel would also be happy to offer a blog critique to anyone who signs up for the workshop. You can send him the URL for the blog either after you have registered and paid online, or paid and registered at the event at: [email protected]
Book Design and Production for Authors and Publishers