Writer’s World, on September 8, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at Dominican University’s Guzman Hall (50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael), answers the question: “You’ve written a book, so what’s next?” You see the full lineup below.
- Keynote address by Lee Wind, Marketing and Programming Director of IBPA (Independent Book Publishers Association): “I Published a Book” is Not a Marketing Plan.
- Q&A is a BAIPA favorite: come ask any question related to independent publishing and all the experts and those with experience that may be helpful will do our best to get you answers and will share the benefit of our experience. We’re here to learn together!
45-minute Workshops 11:00-3:45 including:
- Improving Your Writer/Author Blog and Website in 2018: What an Author Needs to Succeed, How a Competent Website Designer Can Help with Author Lee Foster, Foster Travel Publishing and Website Designer Jeffrey Samorano, WPinOneClick
- Hitting the Wall: Engaging Shadow & Mystery in the Creative Process with Cathy Wild
- From Content to Comma: Working with an Editor with Barbara Fuller, Editcetera
- Animal Accounting for Writers – Money Stories with Vitalia Fedossova, Aurelius Accounting, Inc.
- An Edutaining Journey Through the World of Words: The difference between Writers and Authors; a grammar Q&A; how much grammar leeway do writers have; and Word Trivia with Arlene Miller, the Grammar Diva
- A Style Experience, 3 Secrets to an AWESOME 1st Impressionwith Shelley Golden, A Style Experience
- Building Your Email List to Grow Your Book Saleswith Judy Baker, Book Marketing Mentor
- Scrivener: What’s All the Fuss? with Vanessa Kier, The Writer’s Tech Stop
- Basics of literary law/how to avoid lawsuits with Kelley Way, Law Office of Kelley A. Way
- Making Money with Audiobooks with Becky Parker Geist, Pro Audio Voices
- How to Get Booked on TV or Radio with Cynthia Brian, StarStyle Productions