BAIPA member David Colin Carr will be assisting Laura Davis at the 10th Annual Writer’s Journey Retreat at the Commonweal Retreat Center, located on a beautiful 60-acre site at the edge of the Pacific Ocean in Point Reyes on July 15-22. This is a very powerful, inspiring and transformative event, and after ten years, they have lost their time slot at Commonweal, so this is the last one planned for now.
Although sold out, they have just had a cancellation, so it’s still possible to get a spot.
The retreat will begin with an afternoon arrival on Wednesday, July 15th and will conclude on Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 after lunch.
The Writer’s Journey Retreat focuses on the process of writing and where it can take you, rather than on polishing a finished product. They alternate between periods of writing and listening to each other—not from a place of judgment or analysis—but from a place of focused attention and deep acceptance.
The Writer’s Journey Retreat will help you:
- Discover the deep essence of writing
- Explore the unique nature of your own voice
- Develop a writing practice that frees your creativity and connects you to your wild mind
- Use first thoughts and original detail to make your writing come alive
- Take greater risks in your writing
- Overcome writer’s block and the fear that you don’t have what it takes to write
- Use the transformative power of writing to move through life’s challenges
- Be part of a supportive community of peers that is committed to writing and listening together
For more information, visit writersjourneyretreat.
They are also offering Writing as a Pathway Through Grief, Loss, Uncertainty and Change with Nancy London October 7-13. The retreat is full, but cancellations do happen. For more information, visit WritingPathway.