Thank you to the more than three dozen authors, designers, and/or publishers who entered their book covers in our annual contest. We divided the entries into five categories — nonfiction; mystery and thriller; historical fiction, literary fiction, and poetry; children’s; and memoir and biography. You can see all the covers below in a slideshow.
For those who could not attend the December 4 meeting, David Kudler gave an excellent presentation on book cover design, then we shared slides of all the entries, by category, and, applying what we learned from David, voted in a Zoom poll for the best cover in each category.
Congratulations to the winners, who will receive a free workshop in 2022.
- Nonfiction: (tie) Biscotti, Bread and Breakfast by Joanne (Loiacono/Rositano) Snow and The Art of Forgiveness, A Promise of Peace by Carolyn CJ Jones
- Mystery & thriller: Girl with a Violin by Wendy Bartlett
- General Fiction, Historical Fiction & Poetry: Rebecca of Salerno by Esther Erman
- Children & Juvenile: Grampy and His Fairyzona Playmates by Woody Weingarten
- Memoir & Biography: David the Beloved by David Alan King