San Francisco’s legendary literary festival is returning to the Oshman Family JCC on Sunday, March 13. Expect all the rollicking literary fun of great authors, ideas and conversation. There will be activities for kids and teens, too!
Keynote Speaker Just Announced:
Joyce Carol Oates
National Book Award Winning Novelist, Poet, Playwright and Essayist
This year, there will be a a variety of salons on intriguing topics like Cross-Cultural Literature, Women in Politics, Historical Fiction, Men-moirs: Personal Tales by Guys, Cookbook Authors and Jewbus/Bujews (Jewish Buddhism).
They are continually adding to their list of confirmed authors, but as of now they are excited to announce that the guests include:
- Yangsze Choo – The Ghost Bride
- Nancy L. Cohen – Breakthrough: The Making of America’s First Female President
- Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket)
- Kenji López-Alt – The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
- Joyce Maynard – Under the Influence
- Bich Minh Nguyen – Pioneer Girl: A Novel
- Kevin Sessums – I Left It on the Mountain: A Memoir
Kids ages 8+ can participate in their own literary workshops led by Bookopolis and other special guests, including illustrator Lisa Brown.
Teens will have their own space with a salon of young adult authors as well as one with self-published writers.
After the literary salons, guests are invited to our “Blues, Booze & Schmooze,” a no-host social where participants and authors can continue to mix and mingle before heading in to see our headliner, who will be announced soon.